Voting for best roguelike games at Ascii Dreams has finished today. This time almost three thousand people have voted! Undisputed winner is:
Following are the 20 first games (note we have two ties):
1. ToME 4 with 702 votes
2. Dungeons of Dredmor with 612 votes
3. Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup with 486 votes
4. JADE with 431 votes
5. Desktop Dungeons with 391 votes
6. Dwarf Fortress with 373 votes
7. Brogue with 240 votes
8. The Binding of Isaac with 199 votes
9. DoomRL: Doom, the Roguelike with 178 votes
10. Cataclysm with 170 votes
11. Legends of Yore with 94 votes
12. X@COM with 90 votes
13. Caves of Qud with 87 votes
14. UnReal World with 79 votes
15. Angband with 68 votes
15. Cardinal Quest with 68 votes
17. POWDER with 66 votes
18. Infra Arcana with 62 votes
19. Prospector RL with 49 votes
19. Rogue Survivor with 49 votes
It is December again. With ever growing list of roguelike games to vote on Andrew Doull sure is going to break Blogger’s poll system someday. Until that happens venture to Ascii Dreams and choose your favorites.
So far every year the prize was won by unique roguelike. Is this going to be continued?
Dungeons of Dredmor has been added to the Humble Indie bundle for anyone that gives above the average value of (currently) $4.10, with the option to choose for your money to go entirely to charity if you want.
Hyperbolic Rogue – Simple game with a trippy interface on a hyperbolic plane
Silence – Graphical roguelike with a fading light resource
Microcosm – Robot-themed RL for Android (in alpha stage)
WebRaidMobile 1.1.2 – Android dungeon-delver with content procedurally generated from random web pages
Upcoming in December:
Roguelike of the Year 2011
Keep your eyes peeled on ASCII Dreams for Andrew Doull’s regular feature: Roguelike of the Year 2011. This has been a bumper year for roguelikes, and Andrew’s poll will give a chance to recognise all your favourite releases. Also a nice time to have a look back over the previous years’ polls.
Know of any other news? Got anything you’d like featured next month? Post in the comments or on the forum.