Last weekend I had a chance to share a trip to the Colombian Coffee Area with Glenn Wichman, one of the creators of the original Rogue (along with Michael Toy and Ken Arnold) and a veteran of the video games industry.
On Sunday we did this small but hopefully interesting interview, in the middle of the Colombian nature. Some of the topics we talked about are:
- Game Design challenges when incorporating new technologies.
- “Roguelites” and diversity on game design elements.
- Issues with current videogame distribution channels
- The role of the Game Designer and some other related disciplines.
- A message for the roguelike development community