In some non-news, I have updated the IRC Channel info for roguetemple. In short, just join #rgrd at irc.quakenet.org for roguelike fun! :)
We need to know what roguelikes people was playing as of 2013! Please participate in the survey and share with your friends!
Many moons it has been since the 154 7DRLs were released, but slavering in the background have been an army of 39 reviewers desperately playing these labours of love and scribbling little notes on sheets. After this long process we have finally collated a set of reviews and scores for almost every 7DRL made this year. I present you with our glorious offering:
Some notes on using the site:
- Reviews are subjective and based on personal opinion – take them with a pinch of salt! As a rule of thumb anything with a 2+ is considered good.
- Click on column heading to re-sort by that value
- Click on score values to see detailed review/justification information in the bottom pane
- Some of the game links may be outdated – let us know if you find any errors
- 75% of games have 3 reviews, and 33% have 2 reviews, 423 reviews total
- No one was able to get 10bar Roguelike or Random Chance running :(
Special thanks go out to Jo Bradshaw and Xecutor who did 40 and 39 reviews respectively! Also thanks to GameHunter for doing videos of almost every 7DRL – links to specific game videos are next to the reviews.
There are a lot of real gems in here, and a huge amount of variety, showing the roguelike scene is as fresh as vibrant as it has ever been. Do go try some of these great games, and give feedback to the devs after their hard work.
|Version||8.3 (newest available is 8.4)|
Bold adventurer, is it fame you are after? Do you want treasure, fight fierce beasts or just to explore the land? This roguelike game, Fame, does not provide any answers for these questions. An adventurer you are and thats it. A manual bundled with the game also remains quiet about your reasons to wander around the world and whack monsters risking your life many times in the process. I found this lack of introduction incongruent with Fame’s otherwise well done plot. Anyway, who really needs a reason to hunt monsters?
With a record number of over 200 entries registered so far on the 7DRL hub, this year we’ll have lots of innovation and fun flowing out of developers all around the world.
- Facebook Event
- Blog about your development
- Roguebasin page
- Advice on how to succeed
- Roguelike Radio’s episodes on 7DRLs
- IRC channel
I guess the evaluation committee will have a fun time after the challenge! ^_^
Registration is now open at http://7drl.roguetemple.com; you can now start submitting your games prior to starting working next saturday or sunday.
Contact me if you want to have a subforum for your game inside roguetemple’s forums